Water and utilities
One of IDM’s key strengths has been the program management of water pipelines and facilities – from concept through to delivery. These projects have included the feasibility and early development of a water pipeline and treatment plant, project management of emergency water infrastructure developments and the establishment of core water pipeline procurement requirements.
Programs and projects
The following programs and projects have been completed by the IDM team:
- Management of initial feasibility studies and early phase development of a major coal seam gas water pipeline and treatment plant
- Program management of over $5 billion in emergency water infrastructure developments across south east Queensland
- On-site project management of major trunk water pipelines forming part of the development of the SEQ Water Grid
- Establishment of the core functions of the SEQ Water Grid Water Pipe Procurement Centre which purchased in excess of $500 million in pipeline and related supplies, materials and services
- Program management of a $100m CAPEX program of works for a bulk water infrastructure developer and manager in Queensland
South East Queensland Water Grid Suite of Projects
IDM worked with the Queensland Department of Infrastructure and Planning, providing program and project capability across a suite of critical major infrastructure projects valued in excess of $5bn, comprising the SEQ Water Grid. This assignment included provision of strategic advice and project leadership, implementation of program management systems, project performance monitoring and construction management. IDM also provided procurement, environmental, land access, and GIS management services in support of this program.